Pin It

Home » Georgia » Sylvania, GA New Deal Art

Sylvania, GA New Deal Art

Most of the post office works of art were funded under the Treasury Department’s Section commissions. Those works that were created using TRAP funds are so indicated. Although the WPA funded the construction of post office buildings, the artwork was not WPA but was usually produced under the Section or TRAP programs.

New Deal/WPA Art in Sylvania, Georgia

Sylvania, GA Post Office
(now in storage)
“Spring” – oil on canvas
by Caroline S. Rohland (1941)

The Sylvania mural was removed from the Post Office in 1981. It is currently in storage at Georgia Southern University, Statesboro, GA.

Photograph taken by Wendy Denton.