Pin It

Home » South Carolina » Clemson, SC New Deal Art

Clemson, SC New Deal Art

Most of the post office works of art were funded under the Treasury Department’s Section commissions. Those works that were created using TRAP funds are so indicated. Although the WPA funded the construction of post office buildings, the artwork was not WPA but was usually produced under the Section or TRAP programs.

New Deal/WPA Art in Clemson, South Carolina

Clemson, SC Post Office
“Meeting of the Original Directors of Clemson College”
by John Carroll (1941) – oil on canvas

Photograph taken by Dr. Jerome Reel.

This mural now hangs in Hardin Hall on the Clemson University campus.