Pin It

Home » Tennessee » Dresden, TN New Deal Art

Dresden, TN New Deal Art

Most of the post office works of art were funded under the Treasury Department’s Section commissions. Those works that were created using TRAP funds are so indicated. Although the WPA funded the construction of post office buildings, the artwork was not WPA but was usually produced under the Section or TRAP programs.

New Deal/WPA Art in Dresden, Tennessee

The Dresden, TN Post Office was built in 1936. The mural, entitled “Retrospection,”
was painted in 1940. The
artist was Minnetta Good
who died soon after on
May 21, 1946.
The mural is an oil on canvas and measures 13’6″ by 5’10″.

Photographs taken by
Jimmy Emerson 2004